I got a MD recorder for Xmas and Evelyne got an iPod.
My MD is a great piece of technology‘. However, Sony’s market share for portable music player is below 1% and may stay there because:
– I spend 3 hours to set up correctly the SonicStage software which isn’t working on Windows XP pack 1 fully patched.
– The manual is 130 pages long. My wife hasn’t open the iPod documentation yet.
– The manual is required as operations are far from being obvious.
– I recorded a nice piece of music, saved it once on my PC, then again under another name and it disappeared from my MD. Nice feature. Recording is fine but storing and saving is very dangerous.
– The screens are pathetic compared to the iPod’s.
– The cables are locked in strange heavy boxes just like fishing lines.
– Transfer rate is not slow, but extremly slow as format translation kicks in.
Any way, I’ll try my best to use this MD and to test all available functions.